Name of the Test: PUBDET
Website of the Test: www.wbjeeb.in
E – Mail ID: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Address with Contact Number
Number of Seats
Fees (Tuition + Hostel)
|Presidency University, Kolkata||
Presidency University, 86/1, College Street, Kolkata 700073
Contact No.: +91 3322412738
B.Sc. in Economics (Hons)
B.A. in Enlgish (Hons)
B.Sc. in Economics (Hons): 46
B.A. in Enlgish (Hons): 36
- Candidates who have passed/appeared in the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 system) conducted by the Council of Higher Secondary Education, West Bengal, or an equivalent examination, are eligible to apply.
- For admission, the candidate must pass any of the aforementioned examinations, with at least five recognized subjects (full marks not less than 100), including English language. For candidates with International ‘A’ level or International Baccalaureate qualifications, at least three subjects at the IGCSE level and three subjects at the ‘A’ level are required, with English in either of the two levels. If required, such candidates may seek help from the Chair persons of the Admission Committee of the Presidency University before submitting their applications.
Department wise eligibility criteria for admission:
Economics 80% in aggregate and 80% in Maths (not Business Maths), and 70% in English English 80% (Arts) or 85% (Sci/Com) in aggregate and 75% in English or 65% in Eng – A (WBHS)
Date of Release of Forms
Last Date of Submission
Date of Release of Admit Card
Date of Exam
Date of Result
|First week of April||Rs. 350||First week of May||End of May||Starts from the first week of June||First week of July|
Details of the Exam and Mode of Exam
The application form to be filled for the exam will be available online at the portal www.wbjeeb.in.
Step – 1:
The candidate has to enter the name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and E – Mail ID. The mobile number and E – Mail Id provided will be used for all further communications. Then the candidates are required to choose a Log In ID and Password and remember the same for future log in.
PUBDET candidates have to first choose group-A or group-B of subjects and then choose maximum two subjects from his/her choice of group. The groups are as follows,
|Group – A||Group – B|
Step – 2:
This step comprises of the following sub sections:
- Personal Details: Candidate has to enter the information regarding category, religion, domicile state, guardian’s name and address, communication address, permanent address etc.
- Academic Information: Candidates for PUBDET will be able to enter their data for this sub section once their results at the 10+2 level are published. The candidate has to provide information like board, year of passing, marks scored, name and address of the institution etc. The system will automatically check his/her eligibility for the subject(s) chosen.
- Uploading Scanned Documents: In this sub section, the candidate will be asked to upload the required documents according to the specified format.
- Choice of the Examination Zone: Candidate has to give his/her choice of the examination zone. It should be noted that a zone may contain more than one center.
- Fee Submission: Candidate will have to pay the examination fee either online (by net banking, debit/credit cards) or offline (by e - challan). If offline mode is chosen, an e - challan will be generated automatically. Candidate needs to take a print of the challan and pay the fee in any branch of Allahabad Bank. The fee amount is Rs. 350 + Rs. 10 as bank charges for both PUBDET and PUMDET examinations.
- Upon successful completion of application the system will generate a confirmation page combining all the details entered by the candidate. The candidate needs to preserve a print out of this page till admission.
Procedure of taking Admit Card
The candidate needs to visit the application portal and by entering the User ID and password, the candidate will be able to download the admit card.
All About Exam
The examination for admission into the economics course will be both pen and paper based as well as an online test. The candidate needs to appear for both the tests. The test for the economics section will be in total of two hours.
The examination for admission into the English course will also be both pen and paper based as well as an online test. The candidate needs to appear for both the tests. The test will in total be of three hours; one hour for MCQ’s and the rest two hours for the written test.
There will be multiple choice questions and as well as a written examination. For each wrong answer, one – fourth of the full mark will be deducted.
Prohibitions during the Exam
List of gadgets that are prohibited inside the examination hall:
- Mobile Phones
- Digital Watch
- Any Bluetooth devices
Process Before and During the Exam
The students appearing for the test have to carry their admit card along with an ORIGINAL ID Proof. The admit card and the ID will be checked before entering the examination hall.
- Candidates NOT CARRYING ORIGINAL Identity Card shall NOT BE ALLOWED inside the test center.
- COLOURED PHOTOCOPIES/DIGITAL PRINTS etc. are NOT to be considered as ORIGINAL.
Past Year Papers: (NOT AVAILABLE)
Past year papers for the entrance test are not available on the website. If you find it anywhere else except the website then don’t consider it to be authentic.
Format of Result
The board will publish the merit list on www.wbjeeb.in and final allotment of seats will be made through counseling that is conducted by WBJEEB. The board doesn’t send the result to individual applicants. Once the merit list is published the candidate can log in and download his /her rank card, which must be carried to the counseling and must be preserved till the final admission.