Ashoka Aptitude Test
Name of the Test: Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT)
Website of Test: www.ashoka.edu.in
Email Id: email@example.com
Address with Contact Number
Fees (Tuition + Hostel)
No. 2, Green Avenue Street, Pocket D-3, Vasant Kunj , New Delhi – 110070
Contact No.: +91 11 6940 5807 +91 11 6940 5805
Economics BA (Hons.)
English BA (Hons.)
History BA (Hons.)
Psychology BA (Hons.)
Rs. 8,45,000 p.a.
(Tuition Fees- 6,45,000 + Hostel Fees- 1,40,000 + Meals-60,000)
For detailed Fee Structure please click https://www.ashoka.edu.in/prospective-students/ug-admissions/
To know more about the courses that Ashoka offers, please click the link https://www.ashoka.edu.in/academics/courses/
- To get a firm offer of admission from Ashoka University, an applicant needs to have taken the SAT or ACT or Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) or have their final class XII board scores. Our DI Code for SAT applicants is – 7343. All applicants applying with SAT/ ACT scores need to send us their official transcripts.
- Applicants without any one of the above scores are not eligible for a firm offer
- For applicants whose final class XII board scores are not available at the time of evaluation, the SAT/ ACT or the Ashoka Aptitude Test may be used to make a firm offer of admission. This is especially helpful for the early action and first round of admissions where most applicants may not have their final board score
- The higher score out of Ashoka Aptitude Test or ACT or SAT or board marks will be considered while taking a decision on an applicant’s candidature
- No applicant will be rejected before receiving the final class XII board scores
Date of Release of Forms
Last Date of Submission
Date of Release of Admit Card
Date of Exam
Date of Result
|Refer the table below||No application fee||Refer the table below||7-10 days before the exam||Not Available||Refer the table below|
|Round 1||October 17, 2016||January 13, 2017||March 17, 2017||April 21, 2017|
|Round 2||January 14, 2016||April 21, 2017||May 27, 2017||June 30, 2017|
|Round 3||April 22, 2017||June 16, 2017||July 19, 2017||August 4, 2017|
Mode and Procedure of Application
- Applicants must fill the application form online through the website, or can request for a downloaded form from the Admissions Office. An applicant cannot submit more than one form in one admissions cycle. There is no fees/cost for beginning or submitting an application
Components of the application form:
– Personal and demographic details
– Academic performance from class IX to XII
– Extra-curricular and co-curricular participation
– Leadership roles and social impact
– Essays (to be written by the Applicant only)
– Standardised Test scores such as the SAT or ACT (optional)
– Letter of Recommendation (highly recommended but optional, only one Recommendation Letter can be submitted)
– Financial Aid (only applicants who wish to apply for financial aid need to fill this section)
Click https://www.ashoka.edu.in/ug-application/Login.aspx for Application form.
Procedure of taking Admit Card
The Admit Card shall be available online (official Website) 7-10 days before the exam. Follow the Instructions given on the Website or the Application form.
All About Exam
The test is conducted online. Once the application form has been submitted, it is reviewed by the Admissions Committee which shortlists applicants for the interview round. Interviews are conducted across multiple locations in India depending on the applications received. Shortlisted students are required to attend the interview in person. In case an applicant is unable to appear for the interview at any of the given venues, he/she may attend the interview over Skype.
Components of the Interview round:
- On the spot essay – mandatory (30 minutes)
- Ashoka Aptitude Test – highly recommended but optional (90 minutes)
- Interview with our panel – mandatory
Shortlisted applicants will be informed about the details of the interview process on their registered email address.
It is strongly recommended for applicants who are short-listed for the interview process to take the Ashoka Aptitude Test.
- The Ashoka Aptitude Test is a multiple choice aptitude test with questions on verbal, quantitative and analytical reasoning
- The test is conducted online. There are no subject-specific questions and no special preparation is required to take this test
- The Ashoka Aptitude Test will be administered on the day of the interview and will be conducted at the interview venue
- The Ashoka Aptitude Test / SAT / ACT assists an applicant in getting a firm offer of admission in the absence of Class XII board score
- Though it is not mandatory for applicants who are shortlisted for the interview to take the Ashoka Aptitude Test, in case an applicant does not wish to take the test, he/she will need to formally opt out according to the procedure prescribed by the Admissions Officer.
Provisions & Prohibitions during the Exam
- Carry the Admit Card duly completed along with Ball Point, HB Pencils, Eraser and Sharpener to the test centre.
- Mobile and other Infotech gadgets are not allowed inside the test centre campus.
Process Before and During the Exam
The students appearing for the test have to carry their admit card along with an ORIGINAL ID Proof. The admit card and the ID will be checked before entering the examination hall.
- Candidates NOT CARRYING ORIGINAL Identity Card shall NOT BE ALLOWED inside the test center.
- COLOURED PHOTOCOPIES/DIGITAL PRINTS etc. are NOT to be considered as ORIGINAL.
Past Year Papers
Please download a sample Ashoka Aptitude Test here https://www.ashoka.edu.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Sample-Ashoka-Aptitude-Test.pdf
Format of Result
The result for online applications shall be declared through the Login and Password generated at the time of Registration while the results for offline applications shall be displayed on the official website.