Name of the Test: BMS/BBM-ET Test
Website of the Test: http://xaviers.edu/
E – Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address with Contact Number
Number of Seats
Fees (Tuition + Hostel)
|St. Xavier’s College||
5, Mahapalika Marg, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001
Phone: 022 2262 0665
|http://xaviers.edu/||B.A||B.A(360)||Rs. 5,875 (without Stats)B.A|
|B.COM||B.COM(240)||Rs. 5.075 (Aprox) B.COM|
a. Candidates must make sure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions given below for appearing for the BMS/BMM 2016 Entrance Exams. Candidates belonging to the General Category (GC) whose date of birth falls on or after 1st June 1993 are eligible to appear for the Entrance Exams BMS/BMM 2016. Candidates belonging to the Catholic religious community and SC/ST candidates who are born on or after 1stJune 1991 are eligible to appear for the Entrance Exams BMS/BMM 2016.
b. The date of birth as recorded in the School Leaving Certificate, First Board / Pre-University Certificate / Birth Certificate issued by a Competent Authority will be accepted. In case of minority candidates the Baptism Certificate will be necessary.
c. The Qualifying Examinations (QEs) are listed below:
- The final examination of the 10 + 2 system conducted by any recognised Central / State Board, including the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Mumbai, Pune, etc., Central Board of Secondary Education, (C.B.S.E.) New Delhi, Council for the Indian School Certification Examination, (I.S.C.) New Delhi.
- Intermediate or 2 year pre-university examination conducted by a recognised Board / University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of 5 subjects.
(Note: In case the candidate has passed the qualifying examination from a Board or Pre-University other than the Maharashtra State Board then the candidate will be required to apply for a provisional eligibility certificate issued by the University of Mumbai through the College at the time of admission. The duly filled in application form available at the College Office should be submitted with an attested copy of the class XII marksheet along with the prescribed fees to the college office when admission is offered).
d. Minimum Percentage of marks in Qualifying Exam (QE)
- Candidates belonging to the General Category, must secure at least 65% marks in aggregate in their QE.
- Candidates from the Minority Community must secure at least 60% in the QE.
- SC/ST candidates must secure at least 55% marks in their QE.
e. Reservation of Seats: (As per the directives given in the University of Mumbai Circular No.Spl.Cell/ (68)/218/2005 dated 3rd June, 2005)
Date of Release of Forms
Last Date of Submission
Date of Release of Admit Card
Date of Exam
Date of Result
|1st week of May||Rs. 500||Last week of May||Last week of May||1st week of June||Not Available|
Mode and Procedure of Application/Admit Card
Candidates can apply on-line by logging on to the Homepage of St. Xavier’s College website: www.xaviers.edu.
The fee for the on-line application for ST/SC candidates only are Rs.500/- and Rs.1000/- for all other candidates.
Candidates are required to make an online payment through Credit/Debit Cards of Nationalized or other Banks.
Instructions for applying online
Log on to www.xaviers.edu
- Follow the instructions given on the website carefully for filling the online application form.
- Once a payment has been received the candidate will receive an email to confirm and will be able to download and print an Admit Card for the Entrance Exam.
- The Candidate will need to affix a recent passport size photograph and get it attested by their School/College Principal or a Gazetted Officer and carry it to the Examination Hall.
The college will issue an online Admit Card which needs to be printed out and brought to the Examination Hall after attestation of their photograph.
If the Admit Card is not received by the end of May, the candidate can approach the College Office or the HELP DESK on the day of the entrance test and upon satisfaction of having complied with all requirements, can obtain an Admit Card. (Please ensure you carry one passport size photograph)
Submission of documents on the day of the entrance test
Candidates appearing for the Entrance Exam are required to submit the following document/s as given below along with their ADMIT CARD on the day of the Entrance Exam: (Please do NOT post or courier the Marksheets and other relevant Documents to the College).
- One attested copy of the Class XII Marksheet
- One attested copy of the Class XII Marksheet; and
- One attested copy of the Baptism Certificate
- One attested copy of the Class Marksheet; and
- One attested copy of the Caste Certificate
- One attested copy of the Class Marksheet; and
One copy of the Documentary Proof supporting the category which includes:
1. Children of Transferred Central/State Government Employees Officers.
2. Children of Defence/Ex-Servicemen,
3. Distinguished Sports persons,
4. Widows / Divorcee Girl Students,
5. Wards of Freedom Fighters.
*All Dates are based on last Year Tentatively
All About Exam
Tentatively the exam is for 2 hours from 2:00 P.M- 4:00P.M and the Mode of the Exam is Offline.
The paper would be of 100 marks.
30 marks- Subjective
70 Marks- Objective
There will be one question paper for each course, of two hours duration. The Question paper will consist of 2 Sections made up of objective and subjective type questions:
- For the BMM it will consist of questions on General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Data Interpretation, Economics, English Language and Comprehension Skills, Logical Reasoning and Critical Analysis & Creative Thinking.
- For the BMS it will consist of General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Data Interpretation and Basic Mathematics, English Language and Comprehension Skills, Logical Reasoning, Critical Analysis & Creative Thinking.
The B.M.S/B.M.M Entrance Exams will be conducted ONLY at the St. Xavier’s College.
Provisions and Prohibitions during the Exam
- Carry the Admit Card duly completed along with Ball Point, HB Pencils, Eraser and Sharpener to the test Centre.
- Mobile and other Infotech gadgets are not allowed inside the test centre campus.
Process Before and During the Exam
The students appearing for the test have to carry their admit card along with an ORIGINAL ID Proof. The admit card and the ID will be checked before entering the examination hall.
- Candidates NOT CARRYING ORIGINAL Identity Card shall NOT BE ALLOWED inside the test center.
- COLOURED PHOTOCOPIES/DIGITAL PRINTS etc. are NOT to be considered as ORIGINAL.
Past Year Papers: (NOT AVAILABLE)
The Past year papers for the Exam are not available on the official website so if you find it somewhere else do not consider them to be authentic.
Format of Result
The Result of the Candidate would be available on the Website.