SNAP 2016 Notification and Registration Process
Symbiosis International University (SIU) conducts the SNAP Test every year in order to shortlist candidates for MBA programs offered by various institutes affiliated with it. First of all, MBA aspirants need to register for the SNAP Test and then register with the institute for the course they are interested in. SNAP Test Cut offs are used to shortlist candidates for the next round, consisting of a Group Exercise, Personal Interview and in some cases, Essay Writing (WAT).
In order to devise a sound strategy for SNAP it is important to understand the exam pattern and the changes that have taken place over the years. This analysis will give you a clear picture of the exam and will help streamline your SNAP preparations. Following is an overview of the SNAP Test:
Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune for admission to various Post Graduate Programs for the academic year 2017-18, will conduct Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP). The SNAP Test will be on 18th December 2016. The registration for the same will start on August 22, 2016 and go on till 22nd November 2016. Students can register online on snaptest.org by paying a fee of Rs. 1,500.
One major change that has been announced for this year's SNAP Test is that total marks have been reduced from 180 to 150. The Pattern this time will be as follows:
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||40||40|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40||40|
SNAP Important Dates
|Online Registrations for SNAP commences||August 22, 2016 Monday||snaptest.orgsiu.edu.in|
|SNAP Test Registration closes||November 22, 2016 Tuesday||snaptest.org|
|SNAP Test payment closes||November 25, 2016 Friday||snaptest.org|
|SNAP Test Admit Card available on website||December 02, 2016 Friday to December 18, 2016 Sunday||snaptest.org|
|SNAP Test 2016||December 18, 2016 Sunday,Time: 14.00 hrs to 16.00 hrs||32 Cities|
|Announcement of Result||January 09, 2017 Monday||snaptest.org|
- Graduate from any recognized/ statutory University or Institute with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST).
- Programs which require specific discipline/ subject specialization need to be checked for eligibility as given by the respective Institute.
- The candidates who have completed their qualifying degree from any foreign university or the institution must obtain the equivalent certificate from the AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
Following is a list of institutes that accept SNAP Scores. In addition to applying for SNAP, students need to register for each institute they are interested in. Kindly visit the individual institutes' website to know more about their eligibility and registration process.
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM - Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD)
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC - Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM - Nashik)
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT)
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru
- Symbiosis School of Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)
Step 1: Register online
To register online, log on to snaptest.org (from August 22, 2016 to November 22, 2016) Note: Any Changes in the online application form can be made only up to the closing date of registration i.e. November 22, 2016. No change is permitted after this under any circumstances. Upload your latest scanned color photograph to establish identity.
Step 2: Make Payment
Given below are instructions for payment of SNAP Test fee of Rs. 1500/- (from August 22, 2016 to November 25, 2016).
Online Payment through credit card:
Candidates can pay directly through Master or Visa card online by following the instructions on the SNAP website after the registration.
Online payment through Net Banking:
The candidate may transfer the SNAP test fee to Symbiosis Test Secretariat account using Net Banking option after the registration.
Payment through Cash
After online SNAP 2016 registration, print 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan from the SNAP website. It is in 3 parts. Pay Rs. 1500/- in cash at any Axis Bank or Indian Bank branch in your city (refer to the list of branches on the website). The bank will return two stamped parts of the 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan' to the candidate. Candidates need to keep the Candidate copy as payment receipt. Sign the stamped 'Symbiosis copy' of the 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan and send it to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat. The address is available on the SNAP Test website.
Payment through Demand Draft
Obtain a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 1500/- from any Nationalized Bank in favor of "Symbiosis Test Secretariat" payable at Pune. Fill DD details in the DD payment option in SNAP website and take a print out of 'Payment Advice' form for DD and send it along with the DD to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat only at the address given on the SNAP Test website. The photocopy of the Demand Draft should be retained for future reference.