XAT 2016 Notification and Registration Process
XAT is conducted every year by XLRI Jamshedpur on behalf of the XAMI. This paper-pencil based test is taken by approximately 90,000 prospects across India. For the past many years, XAT is being conducted in the offline mode (that is, pen-paper test)to ensure that all the candidates from varying backgrounds are at par and they receive the same set of questions. The scores from this exam are used by more than 145 institutes for admission purposes.
As an exam, XAT is tough to crack because of its the level of difficulty and competitiveness. This year, the proposed time duration of the test is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
XAT Exam Date
|XAT 2017 Notification||August 15, 2016, Monday|
|Application Start Date||August 17, 2016, Wednesday|
|Last date of application||November 30, 2016, Wednesday|
|Last date of late application||December 11, 2016, Sunday|
|Admit Card Download||Third Week of December, 2016|
|XAT 2017 Exam||January 8, 2017, Sunday|
|XAT 2017 Official Answer Keys||Second Week of January, 2017|
|XAT 2017 Result||Last Week of January, 2017|
XAT 2017 Structure
There are two parts to the exam:
- Aptitude Test
- Essay and Gk
The Aptitude test includes three sections:
- Verbal and Logical Ability
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
- Decision Making
|Part A||Verbal and Logical Ability||78||170 min||0.25 per question for every wrong answer, 0.05 per question for more than 13 un-attempted questions|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation|
|Part B||General Knowledge||25||35 min||No Negative Marking|
- Candidates should have recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline.
- Candidates completing their final examination by June 10, 2017 may also apply.
- However, NRI and foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein candidates have an option of appearing for XAT 2017).
For more details on the Eligibility Criteria for XLRI Courses log on to xatonline.net.in
Visit xatonline.net.in and click on ‘Register’. Create a new account with your personal email ID. You will receive a unique XAT ID and registration link.
Details like Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Category Phone Number, test city etc. need to be filled in the form. After this, upload your scanned photograph and signature.
Then, select Mode of Payment. There are three possible modes of payment.
- Online Payment Gateway
- Through VISA/ Master Credit/ Debit Cards (American Express Card is inadmissible)
- IDBI Net banking (this option is available only for IDBI account holder)
- Cash Payment
- Please take a print out of the XAT Pay-In-Slip and visit nearest IDBI bank and make the payment.
- Demand Draft
- Send a DD from any Bank in favor of "XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT" payable at Jamshedpur at the address mentioned on XAT's official website.
- Candidates only interested in XAT, but not in XLRI need to pay a fee of Rs. 1500/- (Rupees Fifteen Hundred only). Candidates interested in XLRI program(s) need to pay an additional fee of Rs.250/- each.