Name of the Test: AILET
Website of the Test: www.nludelhi.ac.in
E – Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address with Contact Number
Number of Seats
Fees (Tuition + Hostel)
|National Law University, Delhi||
Sector 14, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110078, India
Contact No.: 011- 28034257
|www.nludelhi.ac.in||B.A. LL.B. (Hons)||80||Rs. 85,000 p.a.+ Rs. 18,000 p.a.|
For detailed fee structure, visit: www.nludelhi.ac.in/adm-ba.aspx
- All candidates, other than those applying under the Foreign Nationals category, should appear for the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) and selection shall be solely on that basis.
- Have passed the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) system or an equivalent examination thereto securing in the aggregate not less than 50% of the total marks. The Eligibility condition for admission of students under the Foreign Nationals Category shall be 65% marks in the Higher Secondary School Examination of (10+2) system or an equivalent examination. They are exempted from taking the admission test.
- seats for Foreign Nationals & 5 seats for OCI/PIO)]. Foreign Nationals are exempted from AILET. Reservation: 15% for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates and 5% for Persons with Disabilities. Note: One additional supernumerary seat for Kashmiri Migrants. Two additional supernumerary seats for Residents of Jammu & Kashmir.
Date of Release of Forms
Last Date of Submission
Date of Release of Admit Card
Date of Exam
Date of Result
|First week of January||Rs. 3050 (General)
Rs. 1050 (PD)
Rs. 1050 (SC/ST)
|Second Week of April||Mid April||Exam is on 1st Sunday of May every year||3rd week of May (tentative)|
For details visit: https://nludelhi.ac.in/download/ailet-2019/AILET%202019%20Calendarnew.pdf
Mode and Procedure of Application
The mode to fill up the exam form is online. The procedure is as follows:
- Visit this link: https://nludelhi.ac.in/download/ailet-2019/Admission%20Guidelines%202019.pdf
- On the login page, click on the Register to apply now link.
- Read relevant details about the course and application from the home page links. Most importantly, Eligibility criteria, Selection process and Reservation guidelines.
- Fill the details into User Registration Form.
- Confirm Registration Details by clicking on the Confirm button.
- After you Login in the first page that is displayed is “Application Locker”. Click on NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY from the list of colleges.
- Choose your Application form and click on Apply button
- Fill all details on the form for each of the sections. Incomplete forms will be summarily rejected.
- Click Submit for saving all details and proceeding back to the Application Locker for making payment for all pending application forms.
- In the Application Locker, under the Pending Applications area, choose your forms for which you wish to make payment and Click on Make Payment.
- On the Make Payment Page, choose Mode of PaymentM and verify the amount and Click on Proceed.
Documents to be uploaded include scanned photograph and signature.
Available Payment Methods:
- Online payment gateway – supports payments from Credit Cards/ Debit Cards and Net Banking
Procedure of taking Admit Card and Formalities on the Admit Card
The Admit Card once out is available on the official website of AILET from where students can download it. The procedure to download the admit card includes entering the Application Number and Date of Birth.
Sign in using Course applied for, Applicant’s Name and the Date of Birth.
All About Exam
Exam is conducted on the 1st Sunday of May from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm. It’s a paper based test i.e. an offline test.
The test has 150 questions for 150 marks that must be attempted within a time frame of 1 hour 30 minutes. The paper has five sections which are:
The English section comprises 35 questions from comprehension passages , synonyms, antonyms, choosing correct words, idioms and phrases, jumbled words and sentences, fill-in the blanks, etc. The unseen passages will be tailed by questions related to the passage. The English section is meant to test the language skill and vocabulary of the candidates.
The 35 questions of General Knowledge cover the topics such as History, Geography, General Science, Economics, Civics and Current Affairs of the past one year. This section assess your knowledge of the recent happenings and awareness of the world.
This section has 10 questions to test the numerical ability of candidates. The Mathematics questions are set from 10th and 12th level, of various topics including Profit and Loss, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Algebra, Average, Permutation and Combination and Venn Diagrams.
There shall be as many as 35 questions testing your logical and analytical reasoning skills. You will come across some questions with passages and the reasoning questions will be framed on the information provided in the passages.
The section majorly tests your interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. The 35 questions are framed on legal propositions and set of facts satisfying the propositions. The propositions may not be true in real sense and you have to assume the true proposition based on the set of facts and answer the questions accordingly.
In Gujarat, there is only one centre for the exam which is in Gandhinagar at Gujarat National Law University (GNLU).
Address for the same is:
Gandhinagar - 382007 (Gujarat), INDIA
The list of other Exam Centers is as follows –
Prohibitions during the Exam
List of gadgets that are prohibited inside the examination hall:
- Mobile Phones
- Digital Watch
- Any Bluetooth devices
Process Before and During the Exam
The students appearing for the test have to carry their admit card along with an ORIGINAL ID Proof. The admit card and the ID will be checked before entering the examination hall.
- Candidates NOT CARRYING ORIGINAL Identity Card shall NOT BE ALLOWED inside the test center.
- COLOURED PHOTOCOPIES/DIGITAL PRINTS etc. are NOT to be considered as ORIGINAL.
Past Year Papers
Copies of the question booklets used in previous years can be collected by depositing Rs. 500/- (2010-2018) at the reception counter of National Law University, Delhi or by sending a DD of Rs. 550/- in favour of ‘Registrar, National Law University, Delhi’ payable at Delhi. You need to send a covering letter with an address for delivery. In addition, the Question booklet and Answer sheet for the current year is also put up on the university website.
Format of Result
The result for the AILET exam is generally made available in the 3rd week of May. The results are available online on the university website itself in PDF format. To check the AILET result, the student first needs to visit the website and then enter the AILET Application Number.
Enter the Name and Date of Birth on the result page of the website.