Address with Contact Number
|Banaras Hindu University||
Address for office:
Ajagara, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005
Under Graduate Programmes:
|B.A. LL.B (Hons)||60||Rs. 60,000 for first semester|
- Applicant who has successfully completed/ is appearing in Senior Secondary School (10+2) or equivalent (Such as 11+1, “A” level in Senior School Leaving Certificate course) examination from a recognized University of India or outside or from a Senior Secondary Board or equivalent constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the Government of that country for the purpose of issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the course.
- However, the applicant who have obtained 10+2 or Graduation/Post-graduation through open Universities System directly without having any basic qualification for pursuing such studies shall not be eligible for admission to 5-year B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) Course. Minimum marks in qualifying examination for admission not below 50% of total marks in case of General category applicants, 45% in case of OBCs and 40% in case of SCs & STs applicant.
Date of Release of Forms
Last Date of Submission
Date of Release of Admit Card
Date of Exam
Date of Result
|2nd Week of February||Rs. 600||2nd Week of March||1st Week of May||3rd Week of May||Last Week of May|
Mode and Procedure of Application
Candidate is required to fill up the UET 2019 Application Form ONLINE
The Application Form for UET 2019 is available on the BHU's entrance test portal (www.bhuonline.in). The online application making process will have following six stages
- Step 1: Registration on the Portal [www.bhuonline.in] - This step involves authentication of Candidate‟s email id and mobile number. As all important communications related to Entrance Test and Admission will be sent to the registered email id and mobile number, candidates are advised to give their correct email id/ mobile number (in use).
- Step 2: Filling up Identification details - Only after successful registration on the Portal [www.bhuonline.in], the candidates would be required to fill up an Identification Form giving particulars of the documents for authentication of their identity. For the purposes, following photo identification documents are allowed: (i) Aadhaar Card; (ii) Passport; (iii) Voter ID issued by the Election Commission of India; (iv) Bank Passbook affixed with the photograph (v) Driving License; (vi) Pan Card; (vii) any other valid Government ID Number and (viii) Admit Card issued by the concerned Boards (students appearing in Class 12). Candidate should carefully write the correct spelling of their names as carried in their Aadhaar/identification document (as applicable).
- Step 3: Online Application Form Entry and Course Selection- After successfully entering identification details, the candidates are required to fill-up details in the online application form and select the course after ensuring their eligibility for the concerned course in which they are desirous.
- Step 4: Uploading of photographs and signature- Candidates have to scan their photo and signature as per instruction given in the portal and upload it.
Step 5: Payment of Application Processing/ Entrance Test Fee- After the candidate has filled up the application form online and
clicks on the “CONFIRM” button, he/she will be provided with following options for payment of application processing/test fee:
- Online payment through credit card/ debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance test portal.
- Payment of Entrance Test Fee in Cash through “Challan” in any branch of HDFC Bank (facility will be available only during banking hours on any banking day): After filling up the application form and its submission, the Challan can be printed from the portal. The printout of challan (in two folds) will contain all necessary details of the candidate and the bank account details of the Banaras Hindu University in which the entrance test fee will be deposited. The candidate will be required to visit any branch of the HDFC Bank of his/her choice (only during banking hours on any banking day) where he/she will be required to deposit the requisite Fee amount to the Bank and the bank will retain onefold of the Challan and its second fold containing the necessary Entrance Test Fee payment details will be given to the candidate. The candidate is required to retain it for his record.
Procedure of taking Admit Card
- Candidates can download the ADMIT CARD from the BHU Entrance Test Portal (www.bhuonline.in) around one week prior to date of conduct of test providing the unique registration ID allotted to them at the time of online submission of application form.
- E-mail/SMS alert regarding loading of Admit Card will also be sent on the email id/mobile phone number registered by the candidate. Therefore, the candidates are advised to give correct e-mail addresses/ mobile phone numbers for correspondence while filling up the online application form.
- If a candidate is unable to download the Admit Card till 03 days before the date of the Test, he/she should contact the Office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU, Varanasi on Help Desk Phone Number and email id. available on Entrance Test Portal.
- The candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card received by him/her for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate should inform the Office of the Controller of Examinations immediately. No consideration will be given, if discrepancies are not pointed out timely.
- A passport size photograph be affixed (same passport size photograph which has been used for online submission) in the space provided on the printout of the Admit Card under self-attestation.
- The candidate is required to retain the Admit Card in safe custody after the Test for presenting it before the Admission Committee, if called for counseling.
All About Exam
There shall be one Paper of 120 minutes (Two hours) duration total marks 450 containing 150 multiple-choice questions.
These questions shall be based on General Awareness and Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude and Mental Ability. The Paper will also include multiple choice questions on English comprehension.
City City Code
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune|
|Uttar Pradesh||Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Lucknow, RGSCBarkachha, Mirzapur, Varanasi|
And other major cities.
Provisions & Prohibitions during the Exam
List of gadgets that are prohibited inside the examination hall:
- Mobile Phones
- Digital Watch
- Any Bluetooth devices
Process Before and During the Exam
The students appearing for the test have to carry their admit card along with an ORIGINAL ID Proof. The admit card and the ID will be checked before entering the examination hall.
- Candidates NOT CARRYING ORIGINAL Identity Card shall NOT BE ALLOWED inside the test center.
- COLOURED PHOTOCOPIES/DIGITAL PRINTS etc. are NOT to be considered as ORIGINAL.
Past Year Papers
Format of Result
The admission process will begin after the declaration of UET results. The admission will be done by the Admission Committees of the respective departments. The concerned Head of the Department/Coordinator will issue electronic call letters to the candidates for Counseling. As soon as the electronic call letters are issued, the shortlisted candidates may „Login‟ on the Candidate‟ segment of the Entrance Test Portal [www.bhuonline.in] for downloading the call letter. Information on issue of Call Letter will be sent to the candidate‟s on their registered e-mail ids/ mobile numbers. Therefore the candidates are advised to give correct e-mail addresses/mobile number for correspondence. Candidates may also note that there will be no postal dispatch of call letter. The number of call letters will be nearly two-four times the number of seats available in the course. Admission is based strictly on merit index obtained in the Entrance Test. NOTE: Sometimes there may be technical reasons for non-delivery of e-mails/SMSs to candidates, therefore, candidates are advised to visit BHU‟s Entrance Test Portal (www.bhuonline.in) everyday after the entrance test results have been declared to have detailed information on counselling schedule, downloading call letters, offer of admission, payment of fee etc.